Each year Division 52 presents two Outstanding International Psychologist Awards. One is given to a psychologist from the United States and the second is to a psychologist outside the United States. Individuals who have made outstanding contributions to international psychology through significant research, teaching, advocacy, and/or contributions to international organizations are eligible. Recipients are recognized at the Division annual meeting at the APA Convention.
The award recipients will be recognized at the Division 52 Award Ceremony at the APA convention.
Nominations must be made online here. Deadline April 15.
Nominations should include:
- Indication whether for a psychologist inside the United States or outside of the United States
- Nominator's name and contact information (email, telephone number);
- Nominee's name, institution, email, telephone.
- A brief statement outlining why the nominee is being nominated.
Nominees will then be contacted to provide additional background information as needed.
- 2108: Dr. Frank Worrell, University of California, Berkeley; Dr. Alvin S. M. Leung, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2017: Michelle Gelfand, PhD (USA), Juan Jose Sanchez Sosa, PhD (Mexico)
- 2016: Larry Gerstein (USA), Geoffrey Mark Reed (Switzerland; Mexico)
- 2015: Judith Gibbons, Ph.D. (USA), Janel Gauthier, Ph.D. (Canada)
- 2014: Shane R. Jimerson & Walter Lonner (USA); Abdel-Sattar Ibrahim (Egypt) & Peter B. Smith (United Kingdom)
- 2013: Michael Bond (Hong Kong, China); Sarlito Sarwono (Indonesia)
- 2012: Fathali Moghaddan (USA); Michael Wessells (USA); Kurt Pawlik (Germany)
- 2011: Michael J. Stevens (USA); Narasappa Kumaraswamy (India)
- 2010: Oliva Espin (USA); Maria del Pilar Grazioso (Guatemala)
- 2009: Chris Stout (USA); Marilyn P. Safir (Israel)
- 2008: Ronald P. Rohner (USA); Ramadan A. Ahmed (non-U.S.)
- 2007: Kathryn L. Norsworthy (USA), Ronald H. Rozensky (USA)
- 2006: Gerard A. Jacobs, Ph.D. (USA) and Michel Sabourin, Ph.D. (Canada)
- 2005: Uwe P. Gielen (USA) and Fanny Cheung ( Hong Kong)
- 2004: Anthony J. Marsella (USA) and Ruben Ardilla (Colombia)
- 2003: Nancy Felipe Russo (USA) and John G. Adair (Canada)
- 2002: Harry C. Triandis (USA) and Susan Pick (Mexico)
- 2001: Robert F. Morgan (USA) and Elizabeth Nair (Singapore)
- 2000: Henry P. David (USA), Raymond D. Fowler (USA), Peter Merenda (USA), and Bernhard Wilpert (Germany)
- 1999: Frances M. Culbertson (USA), Florence L. Denmark (USA), Edwin A. Fleishman (USA), and Charles D. Spielberger (USA)